Routers help to distribute internet from the modem to other devices that use the internet. They serve as an intermediary between the modem and devices such as computers, phones, smart TVs, and so on. There are different types of routers with different specifications.
When you want to buy a router there are things you need to keep in mind such as the kind of house you live, is it a big house or a small house? Do you live in a flat or a story building? How many devices do you have that in the house that use internet?
Depending on how big your house is, or how fast you want your internet service to be, the best wireless router available now is the Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router. This is a new wireless Router and it is the best router available in the market right now.
The Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router uses a Multi-User MIMO technology to keep multiple WiFi devices online at the same time with the same speed. With this router, you can connect up to 12 or more devices that use internet connectivity. You can connect your laptops, tablets, phones, smart TVs and any other devices that use the internet.
This router has a new dimension of technology as it proves itself out of the box as one of the fastest Wi-Fi routers that are available right now. With an exceptional range of excellent functionalities, it is a router that provides network storage performance that is equal to the performance of many high-end dedicated NAS servers.
Features of the Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router.
- This router comes in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with data speeds of up to N600 Mbps + AC1300 Mbps. It works perfectly for high media applications such as online gaming and video streaming.
- It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports that enable easy and quick data sharing across the network to external devices at a speed that is 10x faster than a normal Fast Ethernet.
- The Multi-User MIMO technology allows multiple people to stream at the same time as it signals towards those different devices rather than just sending out general signal thereby creating a stronger and faster connection for everyone
- It comes with a USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports to attach storage device and transfer large files or share devices across your Wi-Fi network.
- It comes with a 1.2GHz ARM-based dual-core processor, containing 128MB of flash storage with a 256MB of DDR3 RAM.
- The router has priority settings whereby you can give priority to some certain devices and apps that you want and you can also use the monitoring tool to monitor your network.
- You can create a Linksys Cloud account so you can easily set up your devices and your devices that are connected to the router. You can set up wireless security, parental controls, Guest access and more.